04 July 2015

Word of the Day - Independence

Today in America, we celebrate Independence Day, which is the day the United States declared her independence from Great Britain on July 4th of 1776. For me, it's a day of reflection on a word of the day that I've chosen. The idea of independence.

Independence
noun
Freedom from the control, influence, support, aid, or the like, of others.

I get it that I had a past life, but I also get it that I have a future. The biggest gift my husband gave me was respecting me for knowing the difference between the two. It's why I'm able to move forward and make changes in my life when needed.

What I choose to do moving forward might not be a controlled, influenced, supported, aided, or liked by others kind of choice, but it will be mine, just like he had hoped.

Happy 4th of July folks! :D






Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *