17 April 2015

P is for Pizza

When I look back on my life to find something consistent, it always points to my love of pizza. The only thing which has changed is what KIND do I love. This pizza topic makes me think of my wonder years in middle school. My love of pizza developed before I began my spiral into anorexia, but it came back with a vengeance.

I was obsessed with the rectangle, cafeteria pizza. If I got an allowance like other kids, I would have paid for an extra piece of that heavenly cheese slathered dough served each Friday in our lunchroom. Instead, I got my allowance on Saturday (after the fact) and it was just enough to pay for a bottle of Boone's Farm Country Quencher or Strawberry Hill, and by Friday I was all out of cash. I soon out grew the cafeteria pizza.

Then it was the Skate World single slice for $.50. You only burned your chin once or twice pulling the entire cheese coating off the top. You just stop ordering it because your crush was close by, playing Pac Man. The risk was too much. He might witness the clumsy display when he looks up during level intermission.

And then my all time favorite, still today. The Pizza Hut pan pizza. Tim would take me out on a Saturday evening when we started dating. I would order a medium pepperoni pan pizza, eat all but two slices, and order a small supreme "to go" so that I had something to snack on during Saturday Night Live.

I don't think pizza will ever get old for me.

What's your favorite pizza brand?



My List
Aging (and Apples)
Barnacle
Creativity
Destiny 
Ego 
Forgiveness 
Grace
Haters
IHOP 
Jealousy 
Kindness 
Lesbian 
Magnanimous 
Nostalgia
Oxymoron 
Pizza  - You are HERE
Questions 
Resource 
Serendipity 
Technology 
Undergraduate
Virgin 
Writing
XXX 
Yoga 


Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *