11 June 2012

The Triple B Caption Contest


I took this photograph while visiting the Butterfly House at Brookgreen Gardens in Myrtle Beach, SC. It sort of reminded me about a book which I'm currently reading called Bullies, Bastards and Bitches by Jessica Morrell.

When I snapped the photo, I didn't realize there was this little fella sharing the leaf with the object of my camera lens. Imagine my surprise when I uploaded my digital files to my computer for editing.

Inspired by my new discovery, I decided to hold a caption contest. The winner will receive a $25.00 Barnes & Noble gift certificate and I will update this photograph with the winning caption the first week of July and repost it.

Please leave your captions in the comments below with an email address where you can be reached should your entry become the winner of this challenge. You should disguise your email address like so: diane-carlisle at comcast dot net. I'll know what you mean!

And the winner is...Deb Claxton! Congrats, Deb. Please email me when you receive your gift certificate.



16 comments:

  1. (Aphid on left to butterfly) "...und zo, ven did zees shpots fursht appear?"

    ----cyrus dot keith at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little spider: "Hoi! You can't park here!"

    docdume (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arm wrestle for it?

    khashway(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. I was here first.

    ladybdr at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna look like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It's an honor to meet someone of your stature,sir."

    - Sam dot Paige twenty-five at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. En garde! Monsieur, it is a duel to the death.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Ah! Put 'em up, put 'em up!"

    endlesslyprelude @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A moment of peace, not dependent on size or race.

    daniel dot j dot roozen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning picture!
    Aphid, I am your father...

    sstogner1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like big wings and I cannot lie. You're a sexy butterfly!"

    deb-claxton at gmail dot come

    ReplyDelete
  12. who took my nephew's dad?????? not them??? Shame the bad seed is being spreading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So...your mom's a ladybug?
    wannaraceyou at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, my name is Enigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What have you done with my sweetheart Chrysalis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Float like a butterfly? Sting like a bee?

    Dude, that's racist.

    jdmuddauber at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *